Teaching as a profession has undergone massive change in the last few decades. Adapting to these changes, especially the technology to engage children has been a key challenge for educators. Our programmes in Classroom Management, Pedagogy Training, Subject Training, Life Skills and Certificate Course in Foundation of Education (CCFE) programme enable teachers who have no, little or some teaching experience, with technology tools and effective pedagogy techniques to make the teaching-learning experience in the classroom effective and enjoyable.
Our teacher training focus on improving classroom practice through the usage of technology, interactive teaching learning material, classroom organization skills, lesson planning, and appropriate teaching styles. Our customized teacher training programmes focus on improving the quality of teaching and learning in schools, so that greater numbers of students achieve increasing levels of proficiency in the core academic subjects of English, Mathematics and Science, the objectives are :
- To create motivated teachers, capable of delivering the curriculum
- To improve teachers subject knowledge and understanding of difficult concepts of the curriculum, to enable effective transfer of knowledge.
- To expose teachers to innovative teaching methods, that are child centric and work towards bringing holistic development of the students
- To provide Soft skills training for improved classroom instruction, and personal development of teachers
- To provide training for providing Life skills to students
While effective student learning will always be the focus of successful teaching, the nature of what is to be learnt, the best ways of learning and the needs of students are continually evolving. Thus likely areas for professional training will include :
- Use of Innovative Teaching Methodologies in Classrooms
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Features of an Effective Lesson Plan
- Motivation and attitudinal change
- Self Development – Role Effectiveness
- English Language Skills
- ICT in Education – computer based learning
- Gender sensitivity and equity issues for social inclusion